Here at #LoveStyle, we love beauty tips and tricks. Just ask Florida! But sometimes the best solutions are the easiest ones, and actress Rashida Jones can speak to that. She says that out of all the remedies out there, smiling is one of the best. So smile, ladies! It’s another Manic Monday.
BCBGeneration Dress // Madden Girl “Raceyyy” Pumps // Coach purse (available in store; similar style here // BCBGeneration Kimono (available in store; similar style here) // Nine West belt // Steve Madden necklace // Jessica Simpson bangle bracelets and crystal cord bracelet
I see certain items of clothing and automatically think I could never make them work in my wardrobe. Usually it’s anything too colorful and too “girly.” I definitely have a comfort zone, and it’s called “black.” When I saw this dress, I was skeptical, but I challenged myself to making it work, and make it work I did. The dress in itself is very feminine: pink and purple, flutter sleeves, and chiffon. However, I was able to make it completely my own by toughening it up with accessories, which changed the look entirely. The result? A totally fabulous rocker-chic city look perfect for drinks and dinner downtown. Let’s walk through the look before our happy hour order arrives, shall we?
Fetco 3-Opening Pipe Collage with Wood Frame // Stein World Whitmore Hall Lamp // Ruff Hewn Amber Glass Lantern // Ruff Hewn Wooden Mirror Tray // Baxton Studios Architect’s Industrial Bar Stool with Backrest in Antiqued Copper // Thirstystone Urban Farm Mango Wood Bowl with Metal Handles // New View Bottle Opener with Jar // FirsTime 18″ Vintage Patina Clock // Sheffield Home Galvanized Mirror // Madison Park Rustic Reclaimed Nesting Tables // Deco Breeze 10″ Bourn Table Fan
Industrial Home Decor is in and here to stay. Think metal meets wood in a beautiful rustic combination we are sure you’ll love. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite pieces to get you started on transforming your home into a cozy, unique nest that will make you want to cuddle up and read a book in style! Who knew reclaimed wood, a hint of rust & metal details could be so striking!
Before you read on, keep in mind that Our Semi Annual Home Sale is going on this weekend! The Home Store is stocked with sales on your favorite decor, luggage, furniture, etc. (Basically almost everything is on sale!) Use this coupon to save up to an extra 15% on your home purchase now through August 3.
Alright – now that you know you can get all these gorgeous goodies for a fabulous price – it’s time to get the scoop on our favorite industrial decor:
1. Baxton Studios Architect’s Industrial Bar Stool with Backrest in Antiqued Copper: Picture yourself sipping a hot coffee or cool cocktail belly up to your breakfast nook or kitchen counter with this antiqued copper bar stool! The seat swivels to ensure you can find the perfect height, no matter your counter height. It is built for comfort, from the backrest, to the footrest and even offers your floors comfort with its non-marking feet!
2. Fetco 3-Opening Pipe Collage with Wood Frame: We love everything about this unique frame, from the piping, to the three hanging wooden frames! It is a great piece to frame your living room decor around – think metal and wood for a perfect industrial combination. Fetco makes some really great wall hangings, check out more here: Fetco Wall Decor.
3. FirsTime 18″ Vintage Patina Clock: It’s time to update your room with this vintage FirsTime clock! With its rich bronze finish and hardware accents it looks like an old train station clock! Big Arabic numerals make it easy to read from across the room, giving it an A+ in functionality and style.
4. Stein World Whitmore Hall Lamp: Light your room up in style with this statement vintage and contemporary lamp by Stein World. From its tarnished silver-tone gears, to the modern black base, it’s sure to be a discussion point for guests!
5. New View Bottle Opener with Jar: Functionality meets decor! This bottle opener has a convenient jar to catch your bottle caps and can be placed by your fridge, on a patio or in your garage. We love the idea of saving bottle caps to attempt a DIY project – the decor item that keeps on giving! Made of wood, this is a sturdy, must have in your home.
6. Thirstystone Urban Farm Mango Wood Bowl with Metal Handles: This bowl is made from beautiful mango wood with iron handles and is the perfect mix of modern yet rustic design. With a food-safe finish, it’s perfect for a salad at your next party or dinner! Whatever you use it for, it will be right at home in your home!
7. Sheffield Home Galvanized Mirror: Galvanized steel detailing gives this mirror the edge in any industrial home decor competition! Use it to give the illusion that your room is bigger (well placed mirrors help give the feeling of an expanded room) and you’ll be singing its praises.
8. Deco Breeze 10″ Bourn Table Fan: Featuring a whisper-quiet 20-watt motor, we are big fans of this personal silvertone metal fan. Set it on your table for a punch of industrial decor and keep cool on the warmest of days with its breezy air flow!
9. Ruff Hewn Amber Glass Lantern: Ruff Hewn nailed it again with these amber glass candle holders! Choose your size, large or small, or choose both for an instant centerpiece on your coffee table or end table. These are studded to perfection and we can’t wait to see how you use them in your room!
10. Ruff Hewn Wooden Mirror Tray: Looking for a hub for your mail, nik-naks or just a fun centerpiece? We’ve found it with this mirrored wooden tray from Ruff Hewn. Use it as a catch all on a table by your front door, or put candles, books or flowers on it and transform it into a one-of-a-kind centerpiece. Made out of fir wood, it’s our favorite find!
11. Madison Park Rustic Reclaimed Nesting Tables: Everything old is new again! Skip the flea market and grab these fabulous nesting tables that will give your room the perfect rustic vibe. With a solid iron base and wood that looks like they were made out of old reclaimed barn wood, these charming and vintage styled tables were built to last!
What to wear to a black-tie wedding? While many people see dressing for a formal wedding as a daunting task, these events provide the perfect opportunity for expressing your style with just a few key pieces. Think one fabulous gown, a killer pair of heels, a cool clutch and a few standout pieces of jewelry. Continue reading →
Our picnic today was just peachy, thanks to the sweet & charming addition of a pitcher of Sweet Peach Caffeine-Free Rishi Iced Tea. This tea keeps it simple & only has three key ingredients: Organic honeybush, organics peaches & natural peach flavor.
To start, we rounded up some organic peaches and cut them up with our favorite Chicago Cutlery Vivid Knife Set & Bodum Cutting Board. The night before our picnic, we then set out to attempt the cold-brew method and loved the small effort but big payoff this easy breezy summer tea had to offer. The next morning, we opened our fridge to discover a vivid, beautiful colored tea with rich flavors of peach. We added ice, a slice of fresh peach and were eager to share what we brewed up! (Read below for more detailed brewing instructions)
We found these cute Libbey glasses to serve our tea in and this picnic worthy Fiesta Dinnerware pitcher. With our tea in hand, the sun in the sky & grass between our toes we were quite content! If you’re looking for a punch of taste, with no added sugar, this really is the perfect summer drink & we hope you’ll give it a try. Cheers!